We consider the folowing ETFs and mutual funds:
- HKEX China A50 Index ETF: 2823 HK 1% annual fee, 1Y: 18%, 3Y 10%, 5Y 8%
- HKEX Vanguard Total China ETF: 3169 HK 0.4% annual fee, 1Y perf: 26%
- Allianz Global Investor China A Shares: LU1997245177 2.3% annual fee, 1Y 35%, 3Y 68%, 5Y perf: 67%
- UBS China Opportunity Equity: HK0000318599 1.9% annual fee, 1Y 26%, 3Y perf: 75%
- 3040 HK: MSCI X Global China 0.18% cost, 700+ holdings
Asia Ex Developped Highly Diversified funds:
- HKEX Global X HS High Div Yield ETF 3110 HK annual fee 0.39%, 1Y: -3%, 3Y: -0.8% 5Y: 3.7%
- HKEX Vanguard Asia Ex Japan Index ETF 2805 0.2% annual fee, 1Y 11%, 3Y 13%, 5Y 41%
- HKEX Vanguard Asia Ex Japan High Dividend ETF 3085 0.35% annual fee, 1Y 0.2% 3Y 3% 5Y 22%
The Allianz and UBS funds have very high annual fees but have had higher performance in the past. There is a front load fee as well.
The Vanguard HK ETF have been discontinued in Q1 this year, 3010 is the broad ETF for Asia and 3040 the broad ETF for China.